Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Summer Reading - Asenath by Anna Patricio


Upon checking my Kindle account I discovered that I had about I have about 450 books on my device.  That seems a bit over the top to me J  So, I decided to do three things:  organize the books I have alphabetically, stop obtaining books, begin with A and read through as many as I could this summer.  That’s what I did!  After I alphabetized them (actually the app did that) I looked through the As and Bs and chose the ones that I really wanted to read.  When I have read those I will move on to the next letter.

Now, as I blog about them this summer you should see that the titles will appear in ABC order.  I am determined to stick to this plan, but we will see how disciplined I will be at not obtaining new books or skipping ahead in the alphabet.

Here is the first of the books on my summer reading list!

Asenath by Anna Patricio
This book is the story of  Asenath who married Joseph in the Bible.  Little is said in Scripture about this woman so Anna Patricio, the author,  took the liberty to create her story.

The story begins when Asenath is a young child in her fishing village on the Nile. Life changes quickly when Asenath is kidnapped by raiders who hate Egypt.

Life is not easy but Asenath eventually winds up in a major Egyptian town in a home where she meets Joseph.  At this point in the story you will begin to recognize some of the story from the Biblical account of Joseph.

I really enjoyed the characters in this book.  Each played a significant part in shaping Asentath.  It was a short book and part of me really wished that the author had developed portions of the story a little more.

Asenath is a quick read but I couldn’t put it down.  So far this is my favorite book of the summer J

No comments:

Post a Comment